Serves 2 as a Healthy Side Dish
- 2 cups (1 can) black beans, rinsed
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro (1 1/2 tsp dried)
- Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
Toss ingredients of salad together in a medium sized bowl.
Mix dressing in a small bowl or jar until it has an even consistency.
Add dressing to salad. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
Tip: This recipe works well with a bit of spice. If you like spicy dishes, add more jalapeno peppers. You can also add hot sauce or red chili pepper flakes to taste.