Serves 4 People
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and pulled into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled with a knife, quartered and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
leaf lettuce leaves, Romaine lettuce leaves or kale leaves, washed and dried completely
- Optional: zeaxanthin boost: add goji berries
- 4 tablespoons natural almond butter
(or natural peanut butter)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Dash hot sauce
- Hot water
Mix poultry, peas, pepper, green onion, orange, almonds and cilantro in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey and hot sauce.
Add 2 tablespoons hot water and stir well. If sauce is too thick, add another tablespoon hot water. Continue until the sauce has the consistency of a thick salad dressing.
Use 2 tablespoons of the sauce as dressing for the poultry mix. Toss gently to combine.
Separate remaining dipping sauce into an individual bowl or ramekin for each person.
Spoon chicken mixture into a lettuce or kale leaf and fold. Enjoy with the dipping sauce.
Tip: The chicken mixture can be refrigerated for up to two days. Serve cold or warm.
Optional zeaxanthin boost: garnish with goji berries.