Makes 2 Lunch-Sized Servings
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (170g or 6 oz)
- 1 tbsp canola oil or olive oil
- 1 cup shelled edamame or frozen peas, thawed.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 orange peppers, seeds removed, cut in quarters
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash sesame oil
- Pepper to taste
Heat oil in a saute pan. Cook turkey or chicken breast on med-high heat until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Bring frozen, shelled edamame to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as edamame floats to the top of the water. Drain and Cool.
Mix edamame, green onion, mango, cashews and parsley in a bowl. Add cooked turkey and mix ingredients together. (This mixture can be made one hour to the day before and stored in the refrigerator.)
Mix all ingredients of dressing together in a small bowl or jar. Add to the turkey mixture.
Spoon into pepper halves and top with chopped cashews.
: Enjoy cold or at room temperature.